Lost History Foundation (LHF) was established in the year 2017 in Malawi with an aim to dig, preserve and disseminate the history of Malawi that has either been incorrectly presented, distorted or hidden for various reasons throughout the years.
The Lost History Foundation (LHF) is currently looking for an Administration Officer (salaried position) and Programme & Research Intern (non-salaried position) to join the team at the secretariat in Blantyre.
- Administration Officer
The Administration Officer will report to the Executive Director. She/he will provide administrative support for the Lost History Foundation (LHF): organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures and ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. The Administration Officer will also manage the front desk and – as such – is the initial point of contact for all staff and visitors. The Administration Officer will ensure that the administrative activities within the office run smoothly on a daily basis.
Specific duties include:
- Performing general duties to include, but not limited to: photocopying, mailing, binding and filing; screening telephone calls, handling enquiries, receiving all visitors and provide general support;
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic filing system of all project documentations;
- Scheduling meetings and appointments within the office and ensure appropriate communication,
- Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs;
- Setting-up conference calls, booking and reserving conference rooms;
- Preparing agendas and attendance registers for meetings and workshops;
- Maintaining an up-to-date contact list for the program, both internal and external contacts;
- Take minutes at management team meetings and ensure that proper record keeping is taking place and maintained;
- Managing the office petty cash, reconcile and replenish regularly;
- Assisting with coordinating procurements (preparing Purchase Request and requesting for quotations);
- Proven work experience as an Administration Officer, Administrator or similar role
- Solid knowledge of office procedures
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A tertiary diploma (additional qualifications in Office Administration are a plus).
- Programme & Research Intern
The Programme & Research Intern will report to the Executive Director. She/he will be responsible for providing technical support to the research team. Upon securing funds, this position will be made established and salaried and the incumbent will therefore stand a chance of being confirmed depending on satisfactory performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide research and programme management support;
- Assist in proposal and budget development;
- Support event and fundraising planning efforts;
- Draft, proof-read, and edit communication materials for external audiences such as reports, newsletters, blogs;
- Draft and assist in the maintenance of website content;
- Organise/attend meetings and conferences as appropriate;
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Knowledge and experience in research and literature reviews;
- Ability to disseminate findings from various, multiple reports and research articles;
- Must be a self-starter, responsible, mature, highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently;
- Must have solid writing, editing and communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), blogging, and supporting applications (WordPress, etc.);
- Familiarity with social media analytics;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Docs, and Adobe Acrobat;
- NGO work experience is desirable;
- A minimum of tertiary diploma in a relevant field.
Those interested who feel they meet the above mentioned requirements, can forward their applications (cover letter together with a CV and names of three traceable referees) to Lost History Foundation addressed to the Executive Director through e-mail: email@example.com copied to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Women are encouraged to apply. Deadline: 1st August 2019.